Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pantry and Pride

We had plenty of leftovers from last night's meal, so I took advantage of "Cook Once... Eat Twice" and all I had to do was some dazzling reheating.  So I thought I would give you a little peek behind the curtain and the source for my inspiration.

I'm loaded up in preparation for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  As I mentioned in my last post, I'm Lithuanian and on Christmas Eve we celebrate Kucios. It's a meat-free evening meal, similar to the seven fishes celebration. It has become a part of my DNA and even though my parents are no longer with me, keeping the tradition alive, reminds me of home. My kids like this holiday, as after dinner it's a free pass to open gifts, which has always been a part of the tradition.
 
Wouldn't you know that one of the main staple dishes qualifies as Uncanny Goodness. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you after I make it tomorrow.  If yout tastes don't deviate too far from "American Bistro" this salad is not for you.  But if you crave a taste of the old country, definitely give it a try!  It's not just for Kucios anymore.  

For Christmas Day at the in-laws I will be making Chocolate Pudding Cake... so look for that recipe too.

Have a great holiday! I'm glad I finally finished wrapping gifts.  My cat Rex even offered to pitch in.


No comments:

Post a Comment